• News Desk

SUN SUNI KHABAR JANUARY 14th 2016


SAN FRANCISCO LEGISLATION CALLS FOR CITY EMPLOYERS TO PROVIDE FULLY PAID PARENTAL LEAVE

Supervisor Scott Wiener has announced a legislation that would make San Francisco the first city in the country to require companies to provide fully paid parental leave to employees. The current state law allows employees to get up to 55% of their wages for six weeks. Under the new legislation Wiener will push for employers to pay the remaining 45% of wages. According to Wiener nationally, only 12% of workers have access to paid family leave through employers. The new legislation would be applicable for San Francisco businesses that employ at least 20 people.

For more on the story log on to

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/San-Francisco-Supervisor-Calls-for-City-Employers-to-Provide-Fully-Paid-Parental-Leave-365224751.html

TED CRUZ FAILED TO DISCLOSE LOANS FOR 2012 SENATE RACE: REPORT

Republican and Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz is under the scanner for campaign finances related to his 2012 Senate bid in Texas. According to a report in The New York Times, Cruz's bid was made easier thanks to a generous $1 mn bid from Goldman Sachs, where his wife works. The same year, Ted and Heidi Cruz obtained another low-interest loan from Citibank. Neither of the loans were disclosed in campaign finance reports. Candidates have to disclose the source of money they borrow to finance their campaigns. A spokeswoman for Mr. Cruz’s presidential campaign, acknowledged the loan from Goldman Sachs and added the campaign would file corrected reports as necessary.

For more on the story log on to

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/us/politics/ted-cruz-wall-street-loan-senate-bid-2012.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

DEADLY ATTACK IN INDONESIAN CAPITAL: ISIS BLAMED

An attack at a busy central commercial hub in Jakarta, Indonesia has killed at least 2 and wounded 19 people. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack. Jakarta has a high concentration of Muslim population; one of the highest in the world. The carnage which took place in an area frequented by foreigners comes two days after ISIS boasted about a suicide bombing in Istanbul which killed 10 German tourists. The ISIS statement hints that the Jakarta attack was targeted at foreign nationals whose countries are involved in a campaign against ISIS.

For more on the story log on to

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/14/asia/jakarta-gunfire-explosions/

ALAN RICKMAN, 'SNAPE' IN HARRY POTTER FILMS, DIES AT 69

In some Entertainment news...British Actor Alan Rickman, famous for his role as Professor Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movie franchise has died after a battle with Cancer. Despite receiving critical acclamation for a variety of roles the 69-year-old Actor never won an Oscar. Rickman is survived by his wife, Rima Horton.

For more on the story log on to

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/14/entertainment/obit-alan-rickman/


amazon smile for pragnya.png
Our Non- Profit Partners
pragnya_logo.png
LOCAL EVENTS
BAY AREA NEWS

Powered by Studio M | 1917 Concourse Dr. San Jose CA 95131